Friday, October 5, 2012

Lesson learned this week

So this has been one heck of a week. I did a small layoff this week and was at up at 3 am and at work by 4:25. What I thought was a lack of sleep allergy attack appears to be more of a cold.
So back to the subject of this post.
Earlier this week I was out and about and next to a person. This person was talking about a third party and giving details about this persons life and recent events. While I was not the intended audience I could hear what was being said and my mind was blown away. Not so much because of the things that were being said but the fact that they were being openly shared with other individuals. There were some things that were said that if I had been that 3rd party, I would not necessarily want everyone to know.
For the most part I am a private person and don't share much about me or myself with others - why ? Well because I don't want my business to be shared or broadcasted by others to people I may not want to know. I know it probably doesn't make sense as I have a blog but hopefully you get the drift.
I don't believe I behave in the way that this individual did or that I take the information my friends or family share with me and broadcast it to anyone who asks or will listen.
Maybe you are reading this and thinking that I am being judgemental and possibly I am and engaging in gossip.
However, the true intention in my post is to share that if I have ever been this person (which I doubt I have been but I am willing to admit it is possible) I apologize. I vow to continue to be a quiet person in a crowd and only interject when I think things are unfair or change the topic. I know I wont be perfect but I am grateful for the lesson I learned this week.

1 comment:

  1. PHEW! It wasn't me you were talking about, since I haven't seen you this week! Although, I WISH I saw you this week!

    ReplyDelete

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...