Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone. We find it with another."


Thomas Merton once wrote "Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone. We find it with another."

I heard this quote on my favorite show last week and it really hit me. I had been feeling blah as I sometimes do around the holidays but it cheered me up.

Why was I blah well I was asked by someone if I was sad I was single and the person then proceeded to tell me they felt sorry for me. I think this is what set off the blah mood in full swing. I know they had good intentions in their heart but it still kind of just jolted me.

Yes , it is hard but you know I am not the only single woman and there are others who have been single before me and will be single after me. Did I plan to be single? I have to admit I sort of did. Why? Well look at my previous posts? Do I like being single? Yes and No. Yes, because it allowed me with so many opportunities and experiences. I am a strong independent woman; who sometimes is weak and wonders how much easier would live be if I were not single. I don't like it when I have to deal with car things, or realize each morning that I have to work from now possibly until retirement.

So when I heard that quote it was in the ending of a love interest for Dr. Reid from Criminal Minds and as I saw his potential love interest I thought. Yes, there is someone out there for each one of us maybe not right now but sometime. So who knew that Criminal Minds would quote something that would make me feel just a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...