Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I am happy!!

I have so many reasons to be happy and grateful and it seems like little things keep happening to knock me down and trust me I have lost my balance but then I pop back up.

So apparently there is more stuff going on at work than I am aware of and it kind of impacts my work. Am I worried, yes just a bit. Did I feel discouraged and frustrated today, you bet I did. Then I realized, we have a good team, good workers. Granted there are some individuals that just don't seem to get it and realize hey we need to make the best product so we can be a leader in our industry. They think because we are part of a big corporation the money is endless and we have no worries. I don't understand that way of thinking. However, overall I am happy with where I work and my job.

So today my Production Manager that resigned seemed more relaxed and we visited. I am sad he is leaving. Why? Well he was my supporter when I arrived and I guess if anyone would ask me if there was anyone on my management team that I trusted whole heartedly it would be him. So I feel as though I am losing my one good friend at work. I know, I know HR has no friends at work and really nobody does.

It is interesting, I feel that our Controller and I are learning to work better with each other and more supportive of each other. In the past he would often come in and tell me he needed this and that and this and that and could I have it ASAP. I would of course do it and push back a bit and challenge him to extrac the data himself as he had the same data I did and he of course has someone reporting to him. Me, I am a solo HR, HSE team. So while I doubt I will confide in the controller as much as my production manager I have someone to joke around with and that is important when you put in long hours.

One of our hourly clerical team members and I were talking and she wanted to make sure I was doing ok and feeling better. I told her I was and that I was happy to be back. She shyly and politely said "When you came back you seemed really happier than usual to be back". I told her "I think you are right I am really happy".

So I challenge you to focuse on the positive, don't let people tear you down, and be happy about all the little things and BIG things you have in life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...