Thursday, August 12, 2010

Robbery

Yes, that was a title of an e-mail I received this week in my inbox from my old roommate Perri. I was like oh no what happened in QC this week!? Then as I opened it and read it I quickly found out I was a thief. A second generation thief!!!
The songs on my playlist remind me of an event in my life or people that I am grateful to know and make me smile when I hear them. Not only because it brings back a good memory but also because it reminds me of how lucky I am to have great family and friends.
I picked "She's a Lady" by Tom Jones because when I hear that song I think of my friend Perri walking down to her seat at the Greek Theater ( I think). I say think because I was not there...she just told me about this once after she introduced me to the scandalous world of Tom Jones.
She purchased two tickets to Tom Jones one year when he was performing at the Cerritos Performing Arts Center. I came home from work and she asked me if I wanted to go to a concert with her and I was like ok I will go although I have never heard of the guy....she then told me it was the guy who sang the song that Carlton sang on the TV show The Fresh Prince of BelAir. Still had no clue who he was and I will admit I was worried when I saw lot of old ladies with blue and purple hair were there. Next thing I know this man comes out and sings and shakes what his momma gave him. I was like come on people dance, yell do something. So I danced in my chair and that is when I fell for the world for Tom Jones. Some granny panties were thrown on stage hilarious!
That was the first of many concerts to see my friend Mr. Jones. One day I will invite Perri to Vegas and see him!!!
So back to why I am a 2nd generation thief. Apparently Perri stole this song from her sister Tay. So I don't feel too bad for stealing a stolen song. Can't blame a girl for being a good student and embracing something that her teacher shared with her right? I learn from the best.
So thanks Perri for teaching me about Tom Jones and so many other things about life. You were the greatest roommate a girl could have!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...