Sunday, June 26, 2016

Day 20 - June 25



Yikes, I am posting on the actual day of the day.

You will notice there was no update of Day 18.  I will say day 18 was the second day of three bad days.  Best way to describe it, I was on a platform feeling optimistic and on top of the world only to have me knocked off the platform and into the eye of the storm.  A bit dramatic but have you seen the name of my Blog - According to Adriana.

Needless to say I did no riding until today.  I will admit it on day 18 I was thinking of just not even doing the Beach Babe Classic because I thought I don't have any time to ride and have so much going on.   However, yesterday morning I woke up feeling refreshed and with a positive attitude that I can overcome anything and show people who think I can't or don't want me to succeed that I can do anything I set my mind to do.

I started my ride today from Sunset Beach by the lighthouse building and planned to ride to Santa Ana River trail and PCH in HB near Costa Mesa.  I also allowed myself three hours to do this.  I started my ride around 8:45 and by the time I got to the bike trail in Bolsa Chica I realized along with a few other riders that there was a Pirate 5k going on so we rode through the parking lot.   It felt good to ride and feel the breeze, hear the ocean waves and smell them.  The most challenging point on the first half was maneuvering my bike by the HR pier and Magnolia - too many people.  I disliked the ones who would just stop in the middle of the trail with all their beach gear.  I got to my half way stop and felt good and it was in an hour.

As I started back to my car I thought wow, this is awesome and I am glad I am doing it.  I also remembered how just yesterday I thought I needed to just give it up and not do it because there was too much happening.  It was then that I realized that I need this ride more than I am even aware.

In the end my bike odometer said I did 30 miles, the app on my phone said I did 16.78 but I didn't start it right away so I am thinking it was about 19 - 20 but I will go with 20.  I also did not ride an entire 3 hours it only took me 2 hours and 40 minutes.  Yay me!!  

I did take my bike back to the bike shop and had smaller tires put on and I have to say I really want to go riding tomorrow morning but I have to wait a few days and I am super excited to go on a ride!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...