Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Oh what a weekend!!!

So let me start with the fact that I almost flaked on going up to the OCBC on Friday morning and was considering going to work instead that day. I called MR and SW on Wednesday to let them know and see if I could rearrange my plans; shortly later that afternoon my boss told me I had to not cancel my plans, go enjoy my vacation and delegate. On Thursday he came in and said what do you need me to do? What do people need to do. I was in relieve mode.

So Friday morning EL came and took me downtown to the Santa Fe train station and off I went. Oh I tried to pull out some money from the ATM but it didn't give me any. I panicked and thought what the heck is going on. Then I realized I didn't use the right PIN. On the way there I relaxed and enjoyed the sights; saw some possible bike trails and people enjoying the beach. I need to learn to do that myself I kept thinking.

I arrived at the Anaheim station in Angel Stadium and MR was there waiting to pick me up. We headed for lunch and then off to Main Place Mall. I finally did it and replaced my broken Android and purchased the Galaxy III. I was hesitant as I knew nothing about ice cream and ginger snap but knew MR had done her homework and they were willing to take $ 50 off the price so off I went. I LOVE my new phone.

We checked into our room and the ladies arrived right as we were taking our luggage out of the car. Another indicator that this was going to be an amazing weekend. We headed off to Dana Point and did dinner and started meeting people. It was so great to see old friends from the OC and other areas. We then did the dance and I danced so much. McFerson played our song and I could have gone after that with a big smile on my face. We danced the night away.

Saturday we listened to Mark Madsen aka Perro Loco talk. He has matured from the first time I heard him talk at a NYE fireside in Los Alamitos when he first started playing for the LA Lakers. The thing that stuck out about his talk was his sincerety that he is saddened when he sees the families at church and realizes he is single. He talked about how he threw his own birthday party one year and the lady at the checkout stand mentioned wow when guys get sent to the store they buy too much. He wanted to respond yeah but I sent myself. Then as he was walking out she shouted wait ...did you just buy this for your own party? It stuck out to me and touched me in that here was this man publicly stating how he too longed for a family and was sad about not having that. Yes, men have the ultimate power to make this happen but I think he probably has honestly tried. The remaining workshops were amazing touching and awesome.

We went back to the hotel for the beach time and laid out by the pool. It was relaxing. We then got ready for dinner and improv show. The highlight there was seeing the Grovers, Wiecks, and Mackay's I love my Cypress Stake so much and to see these couples there was icing on the cake. At this time we had agreed to spread out and socialize and meet people so it was quite fun. Low light seeing someone's husband there who is still married and just his whole countenance was gross and made me sick. Not someone you want to be around more on this in a few.

Sunday we had a great sacrament meeting, combined RS and Priesthood. Then we had dinner which was awesome. Then I learned that the wife of the yucky man mentioned above claimed that he said I was all over him and talking crap about a dear friend of mine. I was disgusted about this and also saddened that she felt the need to repeat what he said. I would never be all over a disgusting man like this and have never and will never say crap about my friend. Well there is not one negative thing I can say about this friend or her family. They have been there for me through some of the low points in my life and I love them dearly so seeing those words on a text just hurt my soul.

Monday we went to Disneyland and Disney CA Adventure (DCA). We got fastpasses to Radiator Springs at 8:40 am to go back from 8 pm and 9 pm. Crazy right? But oh so worth it. I love that ride.

What I learned this weekend is that mean angry people will say things to bring us down and tear up relationships with those we care about. Then there are people who create drama. They do this by talking themselves or a perceived problem with someone; with anyone and everyone that is a captive audience. Then there are people who will try to take over the controls of a situation they are not responsible for but don't care. I know that I probably have been guilty of all of the above at one point of my life or another. However, lately I have been praying each morning to have patience, calmness and to truly listen to what is going on around me and think of the best way to respond or help in the situations life puts in front of me.

As we drove home last night I reflected on how blessed I am. I had great parents, have an amazing family near and far, have longtime friends who have patience and love for me. I have been able to do and see many great things in my life. So I need to remember how lucky I am for all I have and have gratitude in my hear.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna hear all about your weekend!!! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...