Friday, November 4, 2011

Things do for 4 weeks

So I was talking about how I like to read my own blog and I got called out on it to share my link. I came and noticed that my picture slide show is not working and I have not posted pictures with my posts. So I vow that when I have my 4 week vacation I will update and post pictures to the corresponding posts.
Yes, you read right I have a week vacation coming up beginning around December 19. I am being forced to take a couple of weeks of work due to a medical surgery.
I was trying to get used to the idea of surgery and waiting to hear when and was not expecting a call with a surgery date this week but maybe next week or the week after. I am sure it will be a learning experience and an opportunity for growth for me.
Why? Well I don't like asking for help and receiving service is one of the hardest things for me to do. So while I recuperate I will need to receive service and get over it. I also can not imagine not being at work for four weeks and just hanging around in bed recuperating. My boss is being supportive and great about it so I am not sure why I am so worried. Oh wait I am a workaholic and I don't like the idea of a pile of work to come back to. I am hoping after two weeks I will be allowed to return part time but my sister in law has pointed out I will not be able to drive. Fortunately, telecommuting is an option.
The downside is that this will be happening during the holidays. It will be Hannukah for my family and Christmas for me and my friends. So I will not be able to do the 3rd Annual Hannukah party this year and that brings sadness to me. I truly have enjoyed having the Hannukah parties with my friends and making latkes for everyone.
While I am trying to be positive I have to be honest I appreciate not being asked a lot of questions at once as it just overwhelmes me and I can't control my emotions aka my tears. I am a little afraid. I have only stayed at a hospital to keep my parents company when they were hospitalized. I don't know that I like the idea of me being in a hospital bed.
I am also realizing that being single during these kind of situations makes me think that one of the upsides of marriage is having that partner to support and comfort you. As well as plan for the weeks ahead. I share this because for the last couple of nights I go to bed exhausted and about 10 minutes of trying to fall asleep I feel the tears coming down. I realize that I do not have a partner and that makes me sad, which leads me to miss my mom. I know that when it is quiet it is so easy for the fear and loneliness to set in; I know I am truly not alone and I am blessed with a wonderful family and amazing friends.
So if you are still reading this and your mom is still around - let her know how much you appreciate and lover her. If you have a husband or wife, don't dwell on the little things they did or didn't do but give them that hug of appreciation. For your children or nieces/nephews spend time with them and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Often we take those around us for granted so take some time to show them how much you appreciate them.

2 comments:

  1. When I first started reading this post I thought, "YIPPEE! I am totally making her come visit me!" But then as I kept reading, I remembered the surgery...Boo! I wish I could come help you...Boo Again! Miss You, Love You!

    P.S. WHY am I not on your Blog List? Shocking! (giggle, giggle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mudmon I can't add you to my list I am lame in blogging so that is a skill I will develop while I am home laying in bed. I wish things were like they were 10 years ago and then I would have all my friends that have moved to UT, TX and AZ that I love and miss dearly near me during this time. Thanks for talking to me last night.

    ReplyDelete

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...