Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 1, Final Full Day in Paris

This day I woke up early and packed up all my things into my suitcase and made the decision to leave a pair of shoes behind and pants. They had served me well in the USA and on my trip but I needed room for souveniers and I did take a small suitcase (intentionally).
I finished the route I had not taken the previous day on my tour. I went and did that and saw the sights. It overlapped some of the areas I had seen but it was nice to get one last look at Paris as I am unsure when and if I will ever go back.
In the mid morning I stopped at this metro station and it was by the Louvre and there was a McDonald's. I figured why not have a real american meal only to regret it a bit later. I was sick to my stomach and rushed to the bathroom. There was no line. This was the only time I saw no line in the bathroom later that day I rushed to the bathroom and there was line after line. I also saw a lady butt naked washing her pants and undergarments. I felt so bad for her and knew that could easily have been me earlier that day.

I went into the Louvre and found the Mona Lisa. It was incredible how many individuals were there around a picture. Granted I have never been a fan of this painting. Yet I was in there so I had to see it right?

I walked the streets of Paris all evening and eventually made it to my favorite metro stop that took me to my hotel. I was walking there when all of a sudden I heard some music. I stopped and found a musician by the metro. There was a cafe there so I sat down and had a sandwich and once again just soaked in the atmosphere and sounds. It was truly amazing how relaxing it was to listen to some music outdoors and hear traffic, people walking and greeting each other as they met for a Friday night out on the town. While I was sad I was alone not able to enjoy this with a friend or family member; I was sad to know I was leaving Paris.
The people who did speak to me in English were helpful and kind.

It is amazing how traffic flows thru some of the narrow streets along with motorcycles, bikes and pedestrians. While I am not a big fan of Paris I do appreciate all it's architecture, beauty, and history. I hope one day I will be able to share this city with a friend or family member.

Below is a link to some pictures

https://picasaweb.google.com/EldredAM/July12011LastFullDayInParis?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIvbnvne-7nXMg&feat=directlink

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...