Sunday, April 15, 2018

A New Job

Keller Town Hall
I started a new job on February 13, 2018 in TX. 

I applied to various places and was planning to work in the Allen/Plano area and randomly ended up applying for a position in a whole different area.  I had four interviews on the day I interviewed with my new job.  They were not at the top of my list but I figured I would give it a shot.  

I felt that I had blown the interview and lousy on my Excel test but really liked the individuals I met.  So by the time I was done with the interviews that day I was hoping I had not messed up too much but also wasn't sure because it wasn't in my plan.

I got a call the next evening and was offered the position.  I asked to think about it over the weekend and accepted on Monday afternoon.  While it was not in my plan I knew it would be a good opportunity.  

Something is in the Air
a little sculpture that I walk
to sometimes to get energy
I enjoy my commute two miles to and from work.  I work with an amazing group of professional individuals.  We laugh, we talk and we work hard.  It is refreshing.

The view from the back
of Town Hall
I work for the City of Keller as the HR Manager.  It is a great place to work and live in and there is always something going on.  So far I have been able to attend the employee softball tournament, the police officers banquet, I have seen the Easter Bunny at Town Hall, watched election signs appear overnight all over town hall and people exercising their right to vote by going to early elections and I have some amazing views and places to walk around at lunch time if I so choose.  I almost forgot that Town Hall is where there are rotating art shows.  See the perks I have are endless.

The view from my office
taken while sitting
at my desk on a rainy day.
I also have my own office again.  While I didn't mind sharing an office, my previous office was too small and I did learn to appreciate having my own office.  One thing that is big at Town Hall is that a lot of employees have their diplomas on the wall.  So not to be left out I have joined and display my beautiful diploma frame and my Cal State University Fullerton pride.  

Sometimes I am sad my plan didn't quite work out the way I had planned - meaning about working and living in the Plano/Allen area.  Then I remember, I am not in charge but someone else is and there is something I need to do for him here.  What that is, I don't know but I can't wait to see what happens and how well I do.  After all, as long as I go with the flow and trust in him, I will do great.  I mean look at how my move to TX worked out once I made the decision to do it.  
 
The Easter Bunny visits Town Hall

Early election and the signs I saw as I drove
 to the employee parking lot of Town Hall.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...