Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"Inch by inch, row by row, I'm gonna make my garden grow." Micah's mission president

I like the quote my friend shared from her husbands mission president.  We need to remember that things grow or change an inch at a time a level or row at a time.  We just need to water (do hard work) and be patient as our gardens grow.  Thank you Heather for sharing this with me - I love it! 

So as you may or may not know FB has a memory flashback and it shows you posts you wrote in previous years.  A year ago  today, I posted:  I was able to ride 9.91 miles at level 5 in 30 minutes and I felt that showed I had to be at the gym more often.  When I shared it today I noted the outcome at PT today:  Today at PT 0.83 level 1 in 10 minutes. Guess I have a ways to go. Oh and still doing 3/4 circles. 121° bend.  I promise in a year I will post that I rode 10 miles in 30 minutes at level 7, if not more.  (yikes its out here in blogger world).  Oh, and now you see how why her response fit so perfectly to remind me to keep things in perspective.

As part of being better at scripture studying and prayers, I made a note to keep in my prayers this week a friend and at least send her a text to let her know I was thinking of her.  However, after PT I felt prompted to go to Trader Joe's buy some flowers and pick up a card and drop them off at her house.  I was looking at cards and I saw one and I thought perfect!  Then my human mind said:  No, it is too loud and bright not what you want to give her for today.".  Fortunately, my spiritual mind spoke quickly and loudly and replaced the previous thought with the following:  "No, today she needs to get this card."  

I have to admit I thought she is going to think this is a goofy card but I like it so she'll just know I am a goof ball.  Turns out, that it was the perfect card.  

Now my purpose for sharing the above is not to boast but rather to remind you - when you feel a prompting to do something DO IT!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...