Monday, June 17, 2013

crazy drivers

So as many of you may or may not know I have had my share of accidents where my car at the time was totaled. So when I drive I am sometimes a bit aware of crazy drivers...you know the ones where they tailgate you or are speeding all over the freeway.

Yesterday I was able to drive to Palm Desert to see my niece perform in her last dance recital and it was fabulous. I love spending time with my family it so much fun since LE is back from Boston.

So last night as I drove up the 74 to the 371 to the 79 to eventually the 15 was my first time driving through those roads at night. It was a nice drive as the roads were clear for the most part and most of the traffic was going into PD. Which basically meant that most cars coming towards me had their high beams on. So call me crazy but when I learned to drive I was taught that when you could see headlights coming towards you from a distance you turned yours to regular beams right? So what gives with these drivers that just drove towards me with the high beams and not turning them down? A couple of times they were a bit blinding and thought "people turn off your high beams".

Then this morning on my way to work there was traffic as usual and I hopped onto the 15 toll lane. I take this section of the toll lane from where it starts to Mirarmar or so because from where it starts to that point there is the junction of the 163 and the long line to get off at Pomerado so the people get crazy. I was ever so glad as I saw the police lights and people standing up on the embankment. I could see quite a few cars involved but was grateful I was in the toll road and not stuck in traffic (I had our monthly Business Financial Review meeting this morning. Later in the day I saw my friend JA posted some pics from the accident and was blown away at how serious it was with 7 people being taken to the hospital. I was once again grateful for my Fastrack and that because I had some near misses of people cutting me off or slamming on their brakes I opt to pay a few cents each morning to avoid those situations. I was also grateful JA went by 5 minutes after the accident occurred.

So with that said, wear your seatbelts, don't drive crazy and if you use your hi beams turn them down when a car is coming towards you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...