Thursday, February 9, 2012

Service

Service is easy for me to do. Need a ride or a meal brought in and I will do it. However now that I get to be the recipient of peoples service I am struggling with accepting it but I am allowing others to help me. After all when we are in the service of our fellow being we are in the service of our God.
I had my previous visiting teacher help me by getting me to the hospital and being there to make sure I had a better room to rest in. I had my family take care of me. My nieces helped me get in bed, put socks on and my sister in law fed me and made sure my needs were met and brought me home and while I provided her with a cardio workout she still served me by taking my stuff up the stairs. my visiting teaching companion picked up my mail and sent it to me, made sure I had a great Saturday and that I had a ride to and from church. A friend came by and had dinnecr with me and we watched a movie. Tonight my visiting teacher came by to help me do my laundry, vaccuumed my place, changed my sheets, made my bed and bought me dinner. Tomorrow my sweet bishops wife is coming to visit.
I can not begin to explain or thank all these women. Yes there are men who have served me but this post was to focus on these amazing individuals who are helping me learn to accept their service. how blessed I am to have this learning opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Hey chica it's always a pleasure to give or receive kindness. Thanx for all you do and are.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete

It’s been a while

I have tried logging in and posting but my blog wasn’t there. Today I tried again and here it is. Life has been interesting. I had a Total K...